BlogLovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fried Zucchini Slices

Never did get on the computer today for here.. just a quick visit for my shops and to check for emails on Facebook.. busy day for me..

Hit the library and got The Black Swan.  I have wanted to see that movie for a while.. then stopped at my best friend's house for a quick visit.  When I got home, I quickly did some stuff around my house.. and then out the door again I went to drop a TV off at another friend's house, did some shopping, and home to make some baked breaded chicken breasts and some fried breaded zucchini (fresh from my garden).  I got 3 large zucchinis picked today.. and boy was it good.

This is how I make my breaded zucchini:

Take eggs (generally one or two), mix with a couple of tablespoons of water, some all purpose salt free seasoning.. and beat together.

Then your breading - unseasoned bread crumbs, a couple of tablespoons of italian seasoning, a tablespoon of all purpose salt free seasoning, and a teaspoon of garlic seasoning. I dont use salt in my food, for medical reasons, but you can replace with regular seasonings.
Cut your zucchini into thin slices (I generally cut them as thick as a double thick potato chip).  Dip in egg mixture both sides, then dip in bread crumbs.. cover all the slices.. line a plate with double thickness of paper towels for hot cooked slices to absorb the oil.

Take oil and heat to frying temperature (I generally use canola for this).  Put slices in hot oil and cook until brown (I generally turn 4 to 5 times).. put on paper towels to absorb the oil..

Tastes great with ranch salad dressing, ketchup, and blue cheese salad dressing. 

More tomorrow.. new dishclothes I made and I put up on Etsy.  I hope you liked my recipe..

No comments: