BlogLovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Horrorable.. horrible day yesterday..

On Friday night, my car overheated and we were really overdue for a oil change.... so I went to Delta Sonic really early Saturday Morning to get it done and get all my fluids checked.  They said to me that my head gasket was leaking.. which really worried me.. so I went to my Mechanic (missing my friend's brother's funeral) so he could look at it.. so while my car was gone, somehow my cat got out and ended up in the yard two door down.. Link grew up in my house and wasnt afraid of dogs cos my dog wouldnt hurt a cat ever.. so when he got attacked by those two dogs he got totally freaked.. I tried to get him.. but the dogs kept attacking him.. his damn owner just stood on the porching yelling at the dogs (like that would help).. finally I got Link to the gate and my boyfriend (who had just arrived home) took him cos I had an asthma attack from the stress.. finally got him home and checked him over.. most of the bites were to the legs.. but he was in respiratory distressed.. so I called my friend who is a vet and she told me what to do (shock, pain, antibiotics .. But he didnt calm down.. so she told me to take him to the Emergency Vet  to be checked over and get more stronger pain meds Thankfully my car was back by then.. so we took him.. it was $100 just to go in the door (which I knew).. even after we told them what the other vet said (and she was on the phone there too).. they would give any supportive care unless we left him there overnight ($900) and got xrays ($184).. I wasnt happy.. had to argue with them just to give us our cat.. and I ran him over to Central Park (I used to work there) and met up with one of the Techs there who took him in and called Dr. L.. well.. update.. he got his pain meds and they kept him.. On Monday I can go and get an update on him.. so far.. their total bill is less than $100.. just what it cost me to walk in the door.. I am NOT impressed with the kind of care and attention we got there.. and that is why I am writing this.. I dont recommend you bring  your pet there for ANY reason..

Central Park Animal Hospital Facebook Page

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh mom I am so sorry. I'm glad he is okay though. What asshats you had to deal with but you should know by now there are some pretty slimy practices out there that just want money!

Cat Talk By Cats Meow Crochet said...

I know.. but I just wanted some strong pain meds for him.. and MR suggested there.. NEVER AGAIN!!

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to find a good vet . The one I use has 24 hrs. shock trauma and believe me you need it if you ever have to use it. It's a 200.00 up front with credit card before they even look at your pet

Gail said...

Very sorry to hear about your cat, but so glad that he is okay. Gone are the days of helpful vets or people doctors who wanted to help because they could. Now, if you don't have money, go away. They don't care. When you find one that actually cares about the animal or person, keep them because they are a rare breed.

Sarah Lynn said...

So sorry about your kitty; that's terribly upsetting. I do hope he recovers okay with no lasting ill effects. Poor little thing.

Cat Talk By Cats Meow Crochet said...

Thank you.. I just sent an update about him.. so far.. so good..

Cat Talk By Cats Meow Crochet said...

I know.. believe me.. one of the many reasons I keep this one vet..

Cat Talk By Cats Meow Crochet said...

Yah.. or at least one that doesnt expect an arm or leg.. my problem is I cant get insurance on Link or some of my other cats due to pre-existing health problems.. so that limits things there..