BlogLovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I was thinking about how I started crocheting.. like most Italian girls, I grew up watching my grandmother crocheting with thread, making doilies and lace items.  I asked her to show me how to do that, never thinking it would be so hard.. but I did manage to get the idea of chain stitches and single crochet stitches.  The thread was just too hard to handle. 

Growing up in the 1960's and 1970's, I saw all these cool fashions using the granny stitch, so I got myself a book, a needle and a skein of yarn, and taught myself to do all the stitches in yarn.  I decided to make myself a skirt (no pattern, didnt know how to do that yet), and it didnt work out.. ended up making it a bag to hold my yarn and stuff and I still have it to this day.  Will have to take a picture and show you.

Then, while attending Annunciation High in Buffalo, NY, a nun taught me to read patterns and how to combine stitches for making patterns, and that is all I needed..

Tomorrow.. I will continue.. and hopefully have some pictures..

No comments: